Wednesday, August 04, 2004

shift up

Okay - time to get this blog into gear. Now that I've joined the ever-increasing swarm of people who want to share their thoughts daily with the rest of the world, I had better make my ramblings stand out from the crowd.

What you will get here is a blend of random thoughts on art, literature, movies and the meaning of life. On this last one, I am more than a little bit religious. So if you can't stand people who speak of something beyond our realm of existence, then I suggest you get out now. For the rest of you, I warn you that I am a Christian, but by no means a very orthodox one. Sure, I generally hang around the more popular church creeds as a starting point, but I'm not afraid to stand up for the equality of all faiths. In fact, I believe that in today's multi-everything society, we can hardly do justice to our spiritual life without endeavouring to understand the paths of others, and that may even include atheists.

Just for the record (and to get it out of the way early) I do not believe that the Bible is Life's Users' Manual written by God. I like to see it as it is, a mixture of letters, laws, fables, poetry, a love song, some history, a bit of biography and some uber-scary apocalyptic-type stuff that no one really understands. I also have the habit of reading other holy scriptures, my current favourite being the famous Hindu text, the Bhagavad Gita.

If this sounds good to you, then stick around. For those who were hoping for more of my adventures with South West Trains, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home